Thursday 6 March 2014

Self-Indulgence Day

Konichiwa! Welcome back the fellow readers of my blog~ Woke up today in realisation that my facial wash had ran out. DANG* So I have decided to make a trip down to Chinatown to look for a new facial wash named Uriage. According to the recommendation by the programme: 女人我最大, this particular facial wash can be used as shampoo and body wash as well. So I am thinking of investing on it so that I just need to bring one bottle of cleansing solution when I travel. I guess most people should know by now that on levels 2 and 3 of people's park complex (Hawker centre), there are shops that sell daily necessities at wholesale prices, so I have decided to try my luck on finding the facial wash. To my disappointment, I did not managed to find it. However, I got the Simple men facial wash instead as the price was reasonable ($7.90) and it claimed to cater for sensitive skin. Got a new hair styling product with a stronger holding power as well after much persuasion from the staff. Opt for Loreal at the beginning but decided to get another brand from Korea as she said it is easy to wash off after use but yet possess a strong holding power. After much needed shopping was done, I had Yong Yau Foo for brunch and headed down to Robertson Quay to hunt down a newly discovered cafe.

The Yong Tau Foo that lasted for Generations*





Robertson Quay











Street Art culture that is clearly lacking in Singapore~



Merlion


Red Scarve ladies


Traditional Chinese Play


Happy alone time*

Now for the highlight of the day. Tada! Anthesis Cafe*

Interior of the Bistro/Cafe



Cashier counter


Bread and Pastries 


Bar counter





Ice water served in glass bottle and old school metal cup


Enjoyed reading my book over a nice meal and cup of cuppa*


Cafe Latte*


Highlight of the meal: ^Poached egg with sour bread^


Not for the weak hearted~ ;)


Passionfruit with Yuzu pie as dessert to end off the great brunch meal~

I came across this cafe because they liked one of the photos I posted on Instagram. Filled with curiosity, I decided to check out their Instagram page and realised that it is a cafe that has a vintage twist and unique ambience. So it had been kept in the back of my mind and finally I had time today to pay a visit. It is a short walk from Clarke Quay MRT to Robertson Quay (around 10 mins). 

Despite the sweat and endurance though the scorching weather, it was 110% worth it. Firstly, the ambience is calm and soothing so a perfect place to chill out, especially with the hot weather. Secondly, the brew of the coffee was smooth and fragrant. One of the best I have tried so far in Singapore. Thirdly, the poached egg was cooked to perfection and when the melted egg yolk flowed on the bread, topped with the homemade salad and butter sauce, SLURP* No words can explain the moment of joy and indulgence~ Lastly, ended off with passionfruit with yuzu pie as dessert and that basically sums up a great brunch X high tea. To my surprise, this restaurant does not have GST and service charge. WHAT?! With the high quality food presentation and taste, soothing and vintage ambience, SUPER wallet friendly prices, I would definitely recommend this cafe/bistro that is located away from the buzz and crowded city area. I myself will be going back again for sure to have a go on their dinner menu (according to their manager, the rib eye steak and grilled cod fish was highly recommended!).

Address: 86 Robertson Quay #01-01, Singapore 

Contact: 67379873


En Route back to Clarke Quay MRT~

So that basically sums up a fulfilled and wonderful day I had for myself! =). Stay tuned for my personal review on the products I bought today. Ciao and see you all again soon. Goodnight*

P.S "You gonna learn to love yourself totally before you can have the authority and capacity to love others." 







No comments:

Post a Comment