Saturday 15 February 2014

Life is Brittle*

12/02/2014

In the midst of the laughter I shared with my friends as they came to my house for CNY visit,  it is a solemn day as well because my grandfather passed away peacefully right after I sent my friends off. I came to know that the prognosis was progressive degeneration. So I am kind of glad for him as he's been struggling with old age problems and it was a relieve off his suffering. So this part of post is delegated to him. "R.I.P Grandpa. Thank you for being in my life and I am sure you will be at a safe place and being well taken care off. Not to worry we siblings will look out for one another and take good care of our parents."

13/02/2014

Met up with my Nursing buddy whom I knew for 6 years and counting as she was back in Singapore for holidays. Really glad that she made the effort to meet up despite her being sick. She is always an inspiration for me to strive to be the best that I can be, so that I could provide the best care to the ones that need it most. Thank you for always being patient and lend me your listening ears whenever I needed one. Let's continue to touch other people's life and strive towards our goals together! Looking forward to years of friendship together.

The Flying Squirrel






Salmon Sushi*


Special Lunch Set Bento*


Let the pictures do the talking*

Was really impressed with the quality and delicate food served for the wallet-friendly prices offered. Definitely a restaurant I will recommend for reasonable priced, mouth-watering Japanese affair. ;)

Address: 92, Amoy Street #01-02, Singapore, Singapore 069911

Tel: 6226 2203

After a Hearty meal we head down to a cafe named Huggs for a cup of latte. really liked the brew. Had a bitter sweetness to it.











Latte*


Turning back Time*


 Address: 8 Shenton Way, Singapore 068811 (Tanjiong Pagar)


 Head down to HSA Bloodbank to do a blood donation as it's been sometime since i did my last one. Happened to be informed that it was my forth donation. Got to do my part for people who need it. =D.

14/02/2014

It is Valentine Day once again. Although I did not have a valentine this year but the love and concern showered from my school mates are more than enough to mask the lack of lover. Thank you friends for making a difference in my life. Would not ask my life to be in any other way. Happy Valentine Day everyone!






Chance upon this while reading a blog and I really related to it spiritually and emotionally. Really hope that readers who are trapped in a relationship that is never worth your effort and time would self-reflect and re-access the situation you are currently in. Credits to Audrey for the impactful post*

"We are flawed and imperfect in every imaginable way. All of us. And if the person you love makes you feel less than what you are, find the courage to leave graciously and ceremoniously. Detach yourself for the all the right reasons. Your future will thank you for it. You are a unique character - Never forget that.

They will fail you, simply because you possess flaws that they cannot accept. They do not have the capacity to love you the way you are, as lovely or flawed as you can be. The truth is, YOU WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH for these people. They will fail you in every imaginable way, by HOOKING UP with someone else. They will fail you by breaking up with you over an overseas call. You might accidentally stumble upon something, confirming the suspicions that you have always brushed aside out of love. You will see them with someone who looks like perfection, laughing in the middle of that restaurant that he/she held your hand for the first time ever. BE STRONG.


You will flash him/her a smile of acknowledgement and you will walk away, with your head held high. Wipe away the warm tears that are forming in your eyes. You DO NOT need to fight for someone who does not (and will not) fight for you. You need to know that you will be okay. You are flawed, and your battle scars will testify that. Your time will be better spent with the people who love you, the same people who will never require you to wait for text replies, phone calls, a second date, the chance to prove yourself. No (Audrey, 2014)".


P.S We are Flawed. And that is what makes us Human.




No comments:

Post a Comment